Information We May Collect From You:
You provide us with information in the following ways:
- Through email, over the telephone or by post
- Engaging in a business contract with us
- Communicating with us via social media
- Completing forms on our website
- By making credit card and online payments
- Attending seminars, workshops or training
- By visiting our website and clicking on any links
- Downloading an MP3 from our website
- Through completing surveys or research
This data can include your name, address, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details, and information relating to your GP and any medication that you may be taking if supplied by you.
Additionally, it may incorporate information about the services that we provide to you, including for example: the nature of those services provided, when and where they were provided to you, what you paid and how you used our products and services.
We use this data in order to deliver our services of Transformational Hypnotherapy: Hypnotherapy, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Life Coaching, in addition to providing you with appropriate knowledge about them. This means that when entering into a contract with us to receive our services, you give us clear consent to process your personal data for a specific purpose. Furthermore, the processing of this data is necessary for your and our own legitimate interests.
Information We May Obtain From Other Sources:
We may obtain sensitive information about you from other agencies or organisations if considered appropriate. We use this information in order to provide you with our services and thus it is for legitimate interest. The provision of this information is subject to you giving us your express consent. If you opt not to provide us with this, we may not be able to coordinate your therapeutic programme with optimum effect.
How We Process Your Personal Data:
Synapse Solutions Ltd acts as a data controller for use of your personal information to provide Hypnotherapy, NLP and Life Coaching, in addition to regarding the processing of online and credit card payments. We comply with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by keeping personal data up to date; by storing (and destroying it) securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
On the occasions when our recorded data is utilised for research purposes, our own supervision or for the instruction or tuition of students, all such data will be sufficiently anonymised to the extent that individual clients cannot be identified. In the event that you indicate your data should not be used for these purposes, we will refrain from using that data. We may use your data for marketing purposes such as newsletters but this would be subject to you giving us your express consent.
Synapse Solutions Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller. A copy of the registration is available through the ICO website (search by business name).
Disclosure Of Your Information:
We will keep information about you confidential and your data will never be passed to a third party without your express consent, with the exception of the following categories or third parties:
- Any contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal requirement or if there is an overriding public interest in using the information, for example, in order to safeguard an individual or to prevent a serious crime. This includes exchanging information with other companies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In order to protect our rights, property or safety, that of clients and others with whom we are working.
Storage Of Your Data:
We comply in accordance with GDPR stipulations and only process personal data if there is a legitimate reason to do so. We will protect your information, inform you of how your information will be used, and allow you to decide if and how your information can be shared.
All information that we hold is stored in secure locations. Access to information is restricted to authorised personnel only and any electronic data stored is password protected. We ensure that any other businesses or organisations with whom we work are legally and contractually bound to operate and prove security arrangements are in place where data that could or does identify a person is processed.
In accordance with our need to maintain the possibility of access to client data as a result of returning clients or those who may wish to lodge a complaint in respect of our professional services to either our professional body or our insurers (i.e. in all cases perhaps after a long period of time has elapsed), we retain client data for a minimum period of 7 years. For clients under the age of 18, data will be retained until their 25th birthday.
All records held by Synapse Solutions Ltd will be kept for the duration specified by guidance from the ICO, in addition to the standards and ethics of The General Hypnotherapy Register (the professional organisation with whom we are affiliated).
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- To request a copy of the personal data which Synapse Solutions Ltd holds about you
- To request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- To request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Synapse Solutions Ltd to retain such data
- To withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- To transmit your data to another data controller without hindrance from us
- To object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you
- To lodge a complaint with the ICO
Every individual has the right to see the personal data that is held about you, without needing to give a reason. If you want to access your data you must make a subject access request in writing to email@example.com
Website Technical Details:
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is for administration purposes, is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
If for any reason your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to make a formal complaint to the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), you can go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more or contact them on 0303 1231113.